Blueford Sixkiller- Guion Miller Application # 5723 -Admitted
Postal Address is Kansas, Okla – Cherokee Nation, Indian Territory
Claims through parents Blackhaw & Diana, & brothers William & Ko-tah-na (G.S. #216)
Commissioner of Indian Affairs, Washington, D. C.
I hereby make application for such share as may be due me of the fund appropriated by the Act of Congress approved June 30, 1906, in accordance with the decrees of the Court of Claims of May 18, 1905, and May 28, 1906, in favor of the Eastern Cherokees. The evidence of identity is herewith subjoined.
1. State full name—
English name: Blueford Sixkiller
Indian name: U-li-s-ga-s-di
2. Residence: Goingsnake District, Cherokee Nation
3. Town and post office: Kansas
4. County: District 5
5. State: Indian Territory
6. Date and place of birth: Delaware District, Cherokee Nation 1855
7. By what right do you claim to share? If you claim through more than one relative living in 1851, set forth each claim separately: 1. my father Blackhawk Sixkiller Ka-ni-gu Su-da-la-die-hi, 2. my mother Da-ye-ni, 3. my brother Willie Wi-li, 4. my brother Go-ta-ne, 5. Grandfather Sixkiller U-li-s-ka-s-di, 6. Grandmother Sixkiller, 7. my mothers father U-yer-s-gi, 8. mothers mother Gu-da-yi, 9. Great grandmother, 10. Great grandfather, 11. my great aunt Jennie, 12. my aunt Suesi Sixkiller Su-sa-ne, 13. my mothers brother De-ga-so-tsi, 14. my uncle U-na-nu
8. Are you married: yes
9. Name and age of wife or husband: Anni about 59 years old
10. Give names of your father and mother, and your mother’s name before marriage.
Father—English name: Blackhawk Sixkiller
Indian name: Ka-ni-gu Su-da-la-di-hi
Mother –English name:
Indian name: Da-ye-ni
Maiden name: Da-ye-ni
11. Where were they born?
12. Where did they reside in 1851, if living at that time?
Father: Delaware District, Cherokee Nation West
Mother: Delaware District, Cherokee Nation West
13. Date of death of your father and mother—
Father: 1877 Mother: 1881
14. Were they ever enrolled for annuities, land, or other benefits? If so, state when and where: My father and mother were enrolled 1852 Delaware or Goingsnake District
15. Name all your brothers and sisters, giving ages, and if not living, the date of death:
NAME. BORN. DIED.
1. Wi-li unknown unknown deceased
2. Go-ta-ne 1850 1877
16. State English and Indian names of your grandparents on both father’s and mother’s side, if possible:
FATHER’S SIDE MOTHER’S SIDE
Sixkiller U-li-s-ka-s-di father U-yer-sgi
17. Where were they born? unknown
18. Where did they reside in 1851, if living at that time? Goingsnake or Delaware District, Cherokee Nation West
19. Give names of all their children, and residence, if living; if not living, give dates of deaths: unknown
20. Have you ever been enrolled for annuities, land, or other benefits? If so, state when and where: I have been enrolled for small payments and strip payment 1894
I solemnly swear that the foregoing statements made by me are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
(Signed) Bluford Sixkiller
Subscribed and sworn to before me this 12 day of Dec. 1906
The Affidavit is witnessed by John Snell , having known Blueford Sixkiller for 17 years, and Daniel Russell for 8 years.